ProfileTrevor Offen B Com CA (PP) is principal of Offen Advisors Ltd. He is a chartered accountant and member of the International Fiscal Association with 25 years of professional experience consulting in taxation. This includes consulting through an international accounting firm and as principal of a specialist taxation consultancy practice based in Wellington and Dunedin. Clients extend from small investors through to international and listed companies.
Over the years Trevor has been a newspaper columnist and a regular taxation columnist in the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants’ Accountants’ Journal. He has prepared and presented many courses and seminars on taxation matters for clients and for other chartered accountants, has penned and published innumerable articles and opinions on taxation issues and developments, set up and chaired the inaugural New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants Wellington branch taxation special interest group, and has been called as an expert witness in corporate taxation and economic issues to High Court and Board of Inquiry hearings.
Trevor is commercially focused and professionally well versed in all aspects of New Zealand taxation law and practice. He is based in Dunedin, New Zealand with his wife and three children.
- Taxation opinions or advice on commercial transactions for all entities, including partnerships, Joint Ventures, companies, limited partnerships, trusts, PIEs, look though companies, international entities.
- Taxation planning and management of domestic and foreign settled trusts.
- Land and property transactions.
- Corporate taxation matters, including international planning, corporate amalgamations, taxation consolidations, liquidations, share re-purchases, capital restructuring, tax loss grouping and management, inter-company GST planning and management, employee share schemes, remuneration and distribution planning, imputation planning, advice or assistance with compliance planning and management - including, GST, FBT, ACC and withholding taxes, income tax payment planning and administration, taxation risk assessments and risk management.
- Binding Rulings.
- Transfer Pricing (including Advance Pricing Agreements).
- Audit or investigation management.
- Taxation dispute management and negotiation, NOPAs, NORs, SOPs and TRA Hearings.
- Taxation planning and assistance with migration, residency and international funds and investment.
- Estate and asset planning.
- Public or personalised taxation training and courses.
Tel + 0064 03 477 8815
Fax + 0064 06 477 1390
Cell + 0064 22 677 4921
Level 7 John Wickliffe House
265 Princes Street
PO Box 57